OSC LaunchPad provides the support of a dedicated team to new and early-stage fintech businesses that have innovative products, services, or applications that benefit investors.
The level and duration of support that you could receive will depend on factors such as the stage of your business; the novelty of your product, service, or application; and the complexity of regulatory issues your innovation raises.
You may receive one or more of the following:
- One or more meeting(s) or conference call(s) with the OSC LaunchPad team to discuss your business.
- Informal guidance on potential securities regulation implications prior to, or at an early stage of, developing your innovative product, service, or application.
- Informal guidance on possible time-limited registration or exemptive relief to allow you to test your innovation in a live environment.
- Flexible approaches to fulfilling regulatory requirements, if appropriate.
OSC LaunchPad can help you understand what you need to know about securities regulation and how it applies to you.
While we aim to provide informal guidance relevant to your business, OSC LaunchPad will not provide:
- Financial support
- Legal, tax, or accounting advice
- Business strategies
- Guidance on other regulated industries that may apply to your business model, such as banking or insurance
Before requesting support from the OSC LaunchPad team, please review the following criteria:
- You are a new or early-stage fintech business that has not yet started operations or is in the process of applying to the OSC for registration or exemptive relief.
- You have a new innovation or significantly different product, service, or application from those currently available.
- Your innovation will likely provide identifiable benefits to investors, either directly or indirectly.
- You can address consumer or investor risks presented by your innovation.
- You have invested or can invest time and effort in understanding securities regulation in relation to your business model.
- You require additional support outside of the usual process because your business model raises new or complex regulatory questions or concerns. Ideally, you have given thought to what kind of support you need from the OSC LaunchPad team.
SUBMIT A REQUEST
To request support, please complete the "OSC LaunchPad Request for Support".DOWNLOAD OSC LaunchPad Request for Support (Fillable PDF)
Please send your complete request in a single email to email@example.com:EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have emailed your request to us, our system will send an automated email reply to confirm receipt.
We will strive to respond to you within one week of receiving your request. This timeframe is subject to change based on the number of requests we receive and resource considerations.
Note that submitting a request or meeting the criteria does not guarantee that you will receive support.
The support that you receive is informal assistance from OSC staff and does not in any way guarantee that your business will be able to comply with securities regulation, or that you will be granted registration, exemptive relief, or the ability to test your product, service, or application in a live environment.
You should not create an impression, either explicitly or implicitly, that your business, product, service, or application has in any way been approved or endorsed by the OSC. You may not reproduce the OSC's logo, including OSC LaunchPad's logo.