Modernizing regulation to support fintech innovation
OSC LaunchPad engages with fintech businesses, assists them in navigating the requirements and strives to keep regulation in step with digital innovation.
In short, we help fintechs avoid costly regulatory surprises and accelerate time-to-market, all while fulfilling our mandate to provide protections to investors and promote confidence in our markets.
Securities regulation may apply to you if your business involves:
- Digital platforms that connect investors with companies seeking to raise capital.
- Initial token offerings (ITOs), initial coin offerings (ICOs), cryptoasset trading platforms, exchanges or marketplaces, or cryptoasset funds and fund management.
- Investor networks and organizations and the platforms that support them.
- Lending platforms that allow investors to fund loans (or portions of loans).
- Technology and/or data-driven investment activities or advice, including online advice.
News and Events
The OSC LaunchPad team is opening its doors to the public to answer questions related to fintech...More
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) has, in collaboration with 11 financial regulators and related organizations from around the world, today announced its participation in the Global Finance Innovation Network (GFIN)...More
Session #9: July 10, 2018
Join Pat Chaukos, Deputy Director of OSC LaunchPad, and other experts and regulators from across different jurisdictions who will illustrate inventive approaches... More
In order for us to best address your questions, complete and submit the OSC LaunchPad Request for Support form.
Our team is also available by:
Email - email@example.com
Phone - (416) 596-4266 (Local) or 1-844-405-1339 (Canada toll-free)
For all media inquiries, visit our media room.