Modernizing regulation to support fintech innovation
OSC LaunchPad engages with fintech businesses, assists them in navigating the requirements and strives to keep regulation in step with digital innovation.
In short, we help fintechs avoid costly regulatory surprises and accelerate time-to-market, alla while fulfilling our mandate to provide protections to investors and promote confidence in our markets.
Securities regulation may apply to you if your business involves:
- Digital platforms that connect investors with companies seeking to raise capital.
- Initial token offerings (ITOs), initial coin offerings (ICOs), cryptocurrency exchanges or marketplaces, or cryptocurrency funds and fund management.
- Investor networks and organizations and the platforms that support them.
- Lending platforms that allow investors to fund loans (or portions of loans).
- Technology and/or data-driven investment activities or advice, including online advice.
News and Events
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) has, in collaboration with 11 financial regulators and related organizations from around the world, today announced its participation in the Global Finance Innovation Network (GFIN)...More
Session #9: July 10, 2018
Join Pat Chaukos, Deputy Director of OSC LaunchPad, and other experts and regulators from across different jurisdictions who will illustrate inventive approaches... More
According to Taking Caution: Financial Consumers and the Cryptoasset Sector, half of past and present cryptoasset owners either don’t know ...More
In order for us to best address your questions, complete and submit the OSC LaunchPad Request for Support form.
Our team is also available by:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - (416) 596-4266 (Local) or 1-844-405-1339 (Canada toll-free)
For all media inquiries, visit our media room.