Office of Investor Policy, Education and Outreach
The Office of Investor Policy, Education and Outreach leads the effort to identify and understand investor issues and concerns through investor engagement and research. The Office is the voice of the investor internally at the OSC, championing investor protection and ensuring investors perspectives are considered and addressed in policy and operational activities.
The Office coordinates all investor focused initiatives including working with the OSC Investor Advisory Panel and developing content for the OSC’s consumer site, GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca, to support their mandates.
The current investor initiatives that the Office is focusing on are:
- A Summary Disclosure Document for Exchange-Traded Mutual Funds and its Delivery
- Cost Disclosure and Performance Reporting
- OBSI Joint Regulators Committee Annual Report for 2014
- Fiduciary Duty Standard for Advisers and Dealers
- Mutual Fund Fees
- Considerations for Capital-Raising Prospectus Exemptions
The Office would like to hear your views on these or other investor related initiatives of the OSC as well as your investment stories, ideas and concerns. You can contact that Office at InvestorOffice@osc.gov.on.ca