The web accessibility policy stems from the OSC's Information and Communications Accessibility Policy which is based on the following standards:
- The OSC will notify the public about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports in advance of events to allow ample time to process requests and consult with the requestors. The OSC will respond to requests for accessible formats and communications supports regarding public documents as well as public events hosted by the OSC.
- The OSC will ensure members of the public with accessibility needs have the opportunity to provide feedback to the OSC through multiple channels.
- The OSC will notify the public of the availability of accessible formats and communication supports on the OSC website.
- The OSC will address requests for accessible formats and communications supports for persons with disabilities in a timely and appropriate manner and at a cost that is no more than the regular cost charged to other persons.
- The OSC will undertake consultations with individuals who request documents in accessible formats to determine the suitability of possible accessible formats.
- The OSC will post a notice of the availability of accessible formats and communication supports on the OSC website.
Skip to contentThis feature allows the user to skip over the repeated content at the beginning of each page (such as the header and navigation) and go straight to the main content of the page. This is especially useful to those with screen readers, keyboards, and older mobile browsers because it gives the user a way to avoid listening or scrolling through lengthy menus every time he or she enters a new page.
To try it, navigate to a new page, then press the Tab key a few times. The "Skip to content" feature is the first link on every page and will become visible when selected. If using older mobile browsers the skip to content is always visible. Press the Enter key to activate the link.
The OSC will provide information and public documentation in an accessible format upon request. Qualified OSC Inquiries Officers are available Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to take your questions, provide information, and direct you to appropriate resources, depending on your need. If you have a request, question or want to provide feedback concerning accessibility at the OSC, please contact us.