Modernizing regulation to support fintech innovation
OSC LaunchPad engages with fintech businesses, assists them in navigating the requirements and strives to keep regulation in step with digital innovation.
In short, we help fintechs avoid costly regulatory surprises and accelerate time-to-market, all while fulfilling our mandate to provide protections to investors and promote confidence in our markets.
Securities regulation may apply to you if your business involves:
- Digital platforms that connect investors with companies seeking to raise capital.
- Initial token offerings (ITOs), initial coin offerings (ICOs), crypto-asset trading platforms, exchanges or marketplaces, or crypto-asset funds and fund management.
- Investor networks and organizations and the platforms that support them.
- Lending platforms that allow investors to fund loans (or portions of loans).
- Technology and/or data-driven investment activities or advice, including online advice.
News and Events
CSA staff (we or staff) are issuing this notice to provide guidance on certain factors we consider to determine whether securities legislation... More
As part of the Network’s commitment to an open dialogue with stakeholders, GFIN has prepared the “Cross-border testing: lessons learned” report to reflect on what we have worked on since the application period in early 2019... More
Under a new Co-Operation Agreement (‘Agreement’), innovative FinTech businesses in Ontario and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)... More
In order for us to best address your questions, complete and submit the OSC LaunchPad Request for Support form.
Our team is also available by:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - (416) 596-4266 (Local) or 1-844-405-1339 (Canada toll-free)
For all media inquiries, visit our media room.