REVISED ONTARIO SECURITIES COMMISSION STAFF NOTICE 11-742
SECURITIES ADVISORY COMMITTEE
In a Notice published in the OSC Bulletin on November 14, 2019, the Commission invited applications for positions on the Securities Advisory Committee ("SAC"). SAC provides advice to the Commission and staff on a variety of matters including legislative and policy initiatives and important capital markets trends and brings various issues to the attention of the Commission and staff.
The Commission was very impressed with the number of highly qualified practitioners who applied for positions on SAC and would like to thank all those who applied.
The Commission is pleased to publish the names of the four new members who will be participating on SAC for the next three years:
• Rima Ramchandani, Torys LLP
• Kathryn J. Daniels, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
• Desmond Lee, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
• Ora Wexler, Dentons LLP
The members of SAC have staggered terms. The continuing members of SAC are:
• Margaret Gunawan, BlackRock Asset Management
• Barbara Hendrickson, Bax Securities Law
• Linda Fuerst, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
• Jennifer F. Longhurst, Davies Ward Phillips Vineberg LLP
• Julie Mansi, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
• Leila Rafi, McMillan LLP
• Blair Wiley, Wealthsimple Inc.
• Deanna Dobrowsky, TMX Group
The Commission would like to take this opportunity to thank the four members of SAC, listed below, whose terms have ended and who have served on the Committee with great dedication. Their advice and guidance on a range of issues has been very valuable to the Commission.
• Rhonda Goldberg, IGM Financial Inc.
• Jeffrey Meade, TD Bank Group
• Ron Schwass, Wildeboer Dellelce LLP
• Hon. Anita Anand, P.C., M.P., University of Toronto
The Commission will publish a notice in Fall 2020 inviting applications for the next group of new SAC members, who will commence their terms in January 2021.