Filer deemed to have ceased to be offering its securities to the public under the OBCA.
Applicable Legislative Provisions
Business Corporations Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. B.16 as am., s. 1(6).
IN THE MATTER OF
THE BUSINESS CORPORATIONS ACT (ONTARIO)
R.S.O. 1990, c. B.16, AS AMENDED
IN THE MATTER OF
EDGEFRONT REALTY CORP.
UPON the application of the Applicant to the Ontario Securities Commission (the "Commission") for an order pursuant to subsection 1(6) of the OBCA;
AND UPON the Applicant having represented to the Commission that:
1. The Applicant is an offering corporation under the OBCA.
2. The head office of the Applicant is located at 88 Park Lawn Road, Suite 2817, Etobicoke, Ontario, M8Y 0B5.
3. On January 13, 2014, the Applicant completed a plan of arrangement with Edgefront Real Estate Investment Trust (the "REIT"). Prior to the arrangement, the Applicant had an authorized capital consisting of an unlimited number of common shares. Pursuant to the arrangement, common shares of the Applicant were exchanged for either units of the REIT or Class B limited partnership units of Edgefront Limited Partnership, in each case on a twenty to one basis, i.e. one unit (or Class B unit) for every 20 shares. Following the arrangement, the Applicant became an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of the REIT.
4. The common shares of the Applicant were de-listed from the TSX Venture Exchange on January 17, 2014.
5. No securities of the Applicant are traded on a marketplace as defined in National Instrument 21-101 Marketplace Operation.
6. The Applicant is a reporting issuer in Ontario and Alberta (the "Jurisdictions") and is not in default of any securities legislation of the Jurisdictions.
7. The Voluntary Surrender of Reporting Issuer Status was issued by the British Columbia Securities Commission effective January 30, 2014 to cease to be a reporting issuer in British Columbia.
8. The Applicant submitted an application on January 21, 2014 to cease to be a reporting issuer in the Jurisdictions.
9. The Applicant has no plans to seek public financing by offering its securities in Canada.
AND UPON the Commission being satisfied that to grant this order would not be prejudicial to the public interest;
IT IS ORDERED pursuant to subsection 1(6) of the OBCA, that the Applicant is deemed to have ceased to be offering its securities to the public for the purpose of the OBCA.
DATED 7th February, 2014.