Subsection 1(11)(b) -- Order that the issuer is a reporting issuer for the purposes of Ontario securities law -- Issuer already a reporting issuer in Alberta and British Columbia -- Issuer's securities listed for trading on the TSX Venture Exchange -- Continuous disclosure requirements in Alberta and British Columbia substantially the same as those in Ontario - Issuer has a significant connection to Ontario.
Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as am., s. 1(11)(b).
IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, CHAPTER S.5, AS AMENDED
IN THE MATTER OF
RAINMAKER MINING CORP.
UPON the application of Rainmaker Mining Corp. (the Applicant) to the Ontario Securities Commission (the Commission) for an order pursuant to clause 1(11)(b) of the Act that, for the purposes of Ontario securities law, the Applicant is a reporting issuer in Ontario;
AND UPON considering the application and the recommendation of the staff of the Commission;
AND UPON the Applicant representing to the Commission as follows:
1. The Applicant was incorporated under the laws of the Province of British Columbia on September 13, 1979.
2. The head office and registered office of the Applicant are located at 300 -- 576 Seymour Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 3K1.
3. The authorized capital of the Applicant consists of an unlimited number of common shares.
4. As at May 26, 2010, 3,566,461 common shares of the Applicant were issued and outstanding.
5. The Applicant has been a reporting issuer under the Securities Act (British Columbia) (the BC Act) and the Securities Act (Alberta) (the Alberta Act) since January 26, 1986. The Applicant is not a reporting issuer or the equivalent in any jurisdiction in Canada other than British Columbia or Alberta.
6. The Applicant is not on the list of defaulting reporting issuers maintained pursuant to the BC Act or the Alberta Act and is not in default of any of its obligations under the BC Act or the Alberta Act or the rules and regulations made thereunder.
7. The continuous disclosure materials filed by the Applicant under the requirements of the BC Act and the Alberta Act are substantially the same as the continuous disclosure requirements under the Act.
8. The common shares of the Applicant are listed and posted for trading on the TSX Venture Exchange (the Exchange) under the symbol "RMG".
9. The Applicant is not in default of the rules, regulations or policies of the Exchange.
10. The Exchange requires all of its listed issuers, which are not otherwise reporting issuers in Ontario, to assess whether they have a significant connection with Ontario, as defined in Policy 1.1 of the TSX Venture Exchange Corporate Finance manual, and, upon first becoming aware that it has a significant connection to Ontario, to promptly make a bona fide application to the Ontario Securities Commission to be deemed a reporting issuer in Ontario.
11. The Applicant has a significant connection to Ontario since more than 50% of the total number of equity securities of the Applicant are owned by registered and beneficial shareholders resident in Ontario.
12. The Applicant does not have a shareholder which holds sufficient securities of the Applicant to affect materially the control of the Applicant.
13. Neither the Applicant, nor any of its officers or directors, has:
(a) been subject to any penalties or sanctions imposed by a court relating to Canadian securities legislation or by a Canadian securities regulatory authority;
(b) entered into a settlement agreement with a Canadian securities regulatory authority; or
(c) been subject to any other penalties or sanctions imposed by a court or regulatory body that would likely to be considered important to a reasonable investor making an investment decision.
14. Neither the Applicant, nor any of its officers or directors, is or has been the subject of:
(a) any known ongoing or concluded investigation by a Canadian securities regulatory authority, or a court or regulatory body, other than a Canadian securities regulatory authority, that would be likely to be considered important to a reasonable investor making an investment decisions; or
(b) any bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings, or other proceedings, arrangement or compromises with creditors, or the appointment of a receiver, receiver manager or trustee, within the preceding 10 years.
15. Other than as disclosed below, none of the officers or directors of the Applicant is or has been at the time of such event an officer or director of any other issuer which is or has been subject to:
(a) except as set out in paragraph 16, any cease trade or similar orders, or orders that denied access to any exemptions under Ontario securities law, for a period of more than 30 consecutive days, within the preceding 10 years; or
(b) any bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings, or other proceedings, arrangements or compromises with creditors, or the appointment of a receiver, receiver manager or trustee, within the preceding 10 years.
16. William J. Dynes, a director of the Applicant, is and was a director of New Meridian Mining Corp, a reporting issuer that had a cease trade order issued by the British Columbia Securities Commission (the "BCSC" on December 11, 2002 and February 21, 2003 by the Alberta Securities Commission for the failure to file financial statements within the prescribed time period. Both orders were revoked on March 3, 2003 and March 7, 2003 respectively.
AND UPON the Commission being satisfied that granting this Order would not be prejudicial to the public interest;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED pursuant to clause 1(11)(b) of the Act that the Applicant is a reporting issuer for the purposes of Ontario securities law.
DATED at Toronto this 9th day of June, 2010.