Consent granted for corporation incorporatedunder the Business Corporations Act to continue into anotherjurisdiction.
Business Corporations Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. B.16,as am., s. 181.
Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as am.
Regulation made under the Business CorporationAct, R.R.O., Reg. 62, as am by Reg. 290/00, s. 4(b).
Regulation made under the Securities Act, R.R.O.1990, Reg. 1015, as am.
IN THE MATTER OF
THE REGULATIONS MADE UNDER
THE BUSINESS CORPORATIONSACT (ONTARIO),
R.S.O. 1990, c-B-16, AS AMENDED(the "OBCA") AND
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 289/00,AS AMENDED (the "Regulation")
IN THE MATTER OF
AFM HOSPITALITY CORPORATION
(Subsection 4(b) of the Regulation)
UPON the application of AFM HospitalityCorporation (the "Applicant") to the Ontario SecuritiesCommission (the "Commission") requesting the consentof the Commission to continue into another jurisdiction pursuantto subsection 4(b) of the Regulation;
AND UPON considering the Applicationand the recommendation of the staff of the Commission;
AND UPON the Applicant having representedto the Commission that:
1. the Applicant proposes to make an application(the "Application for Continuance") to the Directorunder the OBCA pursuant to section 181 of the OBCA for authorizationto continue under the Canada Business Corporations Act,R.S.C. 1985, c. C-44 (the "CBCA");
2. the Applicant is an offering corporationunder the provisions of the OBCA and a reporting issuer withinthe meaning of the Securities Act (Ontario) (the "Act");
3. pursuant to clause 4(b) of the Regulation,where the corporation is an offering corporation, the Applicationfor Continuance must be accompanied by the consent of theCommission;
4. the Applicant is a corporation existingunder the OBCA by virtue of its incorporation thereunder onOctober 23, 1908;
5. the authorized capital of the Applicantconsists of an unlimited number of common shares without parvalue and an unlimited number of preferred shares issued inseries of which 9,649,522 common shares and 1,309,940 Preferredshares are issued and outstanding;
6. the Applicant's issued and outstandingcommon shares are listed for trading on the Toronto StockExchange;
7. the Applicant is not in default of anyrequirements of the Act or the regulations or rules promulgatedthereunder;
8. the Applicant is not a party to any proceedingor to the best of its knowledge, information or belief, anypending proceeding under the Act;
9. the Applicant currently intends to continueto be a reporting issuer under the Act;
10. the Applicant's continuance under theprovisions of the CBCA was approved at a special meeting ofshareholders of the Applicant held on June 24, 2003;
11. the continuance is proposed to be madein order for the Applicant to conduct its business and affairsin accordance with the provisions of the CBCA; and
12. the material rights, duties and obligationsof a corporation existing under the CBCA are substantiallysimilar to those of a corporation governed by the OBCA.
AND UPON the Commission being satisfiedthat to do so would not be prejudicial to the public interest;
THE COMMISSION HEREBY CONSENTS to thecontinuance of the Applicant as a corporation under the CBCA.
August 22, 2003.
"H. Lorne Morphy"
"Wendell S. Wigle"