NOTICE OF MINISTERIAL APPROVAL OF AMENDMENTS TO
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 41-101 GENERAL PROSPECTUS REQUIREMENTS
AND COMPANION POLICY 41-101CP
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 44-101 SHORT FORM PROSPECTUS DISTRIBUTIONS
AND COMPANION POLICY 44-101CP
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 44-102 SHELF DISTRIBUTIONS
AND COMPANION POLICY 44-102CP
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 81-101 MUTUAL FUND PROSPECTUS DISCLOSURE
AND COMPANION POLICY 81-101CP
CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS TO
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 52-107 ACCEPTABLE ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES AND AUDITING STANDARDS,
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 51-102 CONTINUOUS DISCLOSURE OBLIGATIONS AND
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 13-101 SYSTEM FOR ELECTRONIC DOCUMENT ANALYSIS AND RETRIEVAL
On April 25, 2013, the Minister of Finance approved amendments (the Rule Amendments) made by the Ontario Securities Commission to the following rules:
- National Instrument 41-101 General Prospectus Requirements;
- National Instrument 44-101 Short Form Prospectus Distributions;
- National Instrument 44-102 Shelf Distributions;
- National Instrument 81-101 Mutual Fund Prospectus Disclosure; and
- Consequential Amendments to National Instrument 52-107 Acceptable Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards, National Instrument 51-102 Continuous Disclosure Obligations and National Instrument 13-101 System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval.
The Rule Amendments were made by the Commission on January 29, 2013.
On January 29, 2013 the Commission also adopted amendments (the Policy Amendments) to the following policies;
- Companion Policy 41-101CP to National Instrument 41-101 General Prospectus Requirements;
- Companion Policy 44-101CP to National Instrument 44-101 Short Form Prospectus Distributions;
- Companion Policy 44-102CP to National Instrument 44-102 Shelf Distributions; and
- Companion Policy 81-101CP to National Instrument 81-101 Mutual Fund Prospectus Disclosure.
The Rule Amendments and the Policy Amendments (collectively, the Amendments) were published in Chapter 5 of the Bulletin on February 28, 2013. The Amendments come into force on May 14, 2013. The text of the Amendments is reproduced in Chapter 5 of this Bulletin.
May 9, 2013