IN THE MATTER OF
SINO-FOREST CORPORATION, ALLEN CHAN, ALBERT IP, ALFRED C.T. HUNG,
GEORGE HO, SIMON YEUNG and DAVID HORSLEY
D. Grant Vingoe, Vice-Chair and Chair of the Panel
Deborah Leckman, Commissioner
Garnet W. Fenn, Commissioner
September 18, 2017
WHEREAS on September 18, 2017, the Ontario Securities Commission (the Commission) held a hearing at the offices of the Commission, located at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, Toronto, Ontarioto schedule a hearing with respect to sanctions and costs;
ON HEARING the submissions of the representatives for Staff of the Commission (Staff)and Allen Chan, Albert Ip, Alfred C.T. Hung, George Ho and Simon Yeung (the Individual Respondents), with no one representing Sino-Forest Corporation although properly served;
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
1. Staff shall serve and file any affidavit evidence on which it intends to rely for the determination of sanctions and costs by October 2, 2017;
2. On the consent of Staff and the Individual Respondents, Staff shall serve and file a document indicating the portions of the record of the merits hearing on which it intends to rely regarding issues of compensation earned or received by the Individual Respondents by October 2, 2017;
3. The Individual Respondents and Sino-Forest Corporation (the Respondents) shall serve and file any affidavit evidence on which they intend to rely for the determination of sanctions and costs by November 2, 2017;
4. The parties shall advise the Commission and every other party whether cross-examination on any affidavit evidence is required by November 6, 2017;
5. The hearing with respect to sanctions and costs will commence on November 20, 2017 at the offices of the Commission, located at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, Toronto, Ontario beginning at 10:00 a.m. and shall continue on November 27, 2017 for the purpose of any cross-examinations on affidavit evidence;
6. Staff shall serve and file any written submissions on sanctions and costs by December 4, 2017;
7. The Respondents shall serve and file any written submissions on sanctions and costs by December 20, 2017;
8. Staff shall serve and file any reply submissions on sanctions and costs by January 11, 2018; and
9. The hearing with respect to sanctions and costs will continue on January 17, 18 and 19, 2018 for the purpose of hearing oral submissions of the parties.
" D. Grant Vingoe "
D. Grant Vingoe
" Deborah Leckman "
" Garnet W. Fenn "
Garnet W. Fenn