IN THE MATTER OF
DENNIS L. MEHARCHAND and VALT.X HOLDINGS INC.
Timothy Moseley, Chair of the Panel
August 22, 2017
(Subsection 127(1) of the
Securities Act, RSO 1990, c S.5)
WHEREAS on August 21, 2017, the Ontario Securities Commission held a hearing at the offices of the Commission, located at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, Toronto, Ontario for the third appearance in this matter; and
ON HEARING the submissions of the representative for Staff and counsel representing Dennis L. Meharchand and Valt.X Holdings Inc. (the Respondents) and considering the Respondents’ stated intention to make a motion before the hearing on the merits;
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- the Respondents’ motion shall be heard on October 16, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. and the parties shall adhere to the following timeline for the delivery of the motion materials:
a. the Respondents shall serve and file moving motion materials by no later than September 15, 2017;
b. Staff shall serve and file responding motion materials by no later than September 29, 2017; and
c. the Respondents shall serve and file reply materials, if any, by no later than October 6, 2017.
- a further pre-hearing conference shall be heard on October 16, 2017, immediately following the hearing of the Respondents’ motion;
- by no later than December 1, 2017, the Respondents shall provide to Staff their preliminary witness list and summaries of the witnesses’ anticipated evidence and shall indicate to Staff any intent to call an expert witness, including the name of the expert and the issue on which the expert will be giving evidence;
- by no later than December 1, 2017, all parties shall deliver to every other party copies of the documents that they intend to produce or enter as evidence at the hearing on the merits;
- the final interlocutory appearance shall be heard on December 18, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.; and
- the hearing on the merits shall be heard on January 15, 16, 22, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, and 31, and February 1 and 2, 2018, commencing at 10:00 a.m. on each scheduled day, or such other dates as may be agreed to by the parties and set by the Office of the Secretary.