IN THE MATTER OF JORGE NEHER
Timothy Moseley, Commissioner and Chair of the Panel
Peter Currie, Commissioner
Robert Hutchison, Commissioner
May 16, 2017
Sections 127 and 127.1 of the
Securities Act, RSO 1990, c S.5
THIS APPLICATION, made jointly by Staff of the Commission and Jorge Neher for approval of a settlement agreement dated May 12, 2017 (the “Settlement Agreement”), was heard on May 16, 2017 at the offices of the Commission, located at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, Toronto, Ontario;
ON READING the Statement of Allegations dated May 12, 2017, the Settlement Agreement and the application materials dated May 12, 2017, including the Joint Application Record for a Settlement Hearing, the Joint Book of Authorities, Staff’s Submissions and Staff’s Supplementary Book of Authorities, and on hearing the submissions of representatives for each of the parties, and on considering the Undertaking of the Respondent dated
May 12, 2017, to make a voluntary payment to the Commission of $10,000;
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- the Settlement Agreement is approved;
- trading in any securities or derivatives by the Respondent shall cease for a period of eighteen months commencing on the date of this Order, pursuant to paragraph 2 of subsection 127(1) of the Securities Act, RSO 1990, c S.5 (the “Act”);
- the acquisition of any securities by the Respondent is prohibited for a period of eighteen months commencing on the date of this Order, pursuant to paragraph 2.1 of subsection 127(1) of the Act;
- as an exception to the restriction on acquiring securities as provided in clause 3 above, the Respondent shall be permitted to acquire any shares of a reporting issuer that are offered to him in exchange for shares of Greenstone Mining Corp. (“Greenstone”) that he currently owns, as part of a reverse takeover transaction involving Greenstone, but he may not sell the acquired shares during the eighteen-month period in which he is prohibited from trading in securities as provided in clause 2 above;
- the Respondent shall be reprimanded, pursuant to paragraph 6 of subsection 127(1) of the Act; and
- the Respondent shall pay costs to the Commission in the amount of $20,000, pursuant to section 127.1 of the Act.
" Timothy Moseley "
" Peter Currie "
" Robert Hutchison "