IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT, RSO 1990, c S.5
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
LARRY KEITH DAVIS
- On February 28, 2017, Staff (“Staff”) of the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) filed a Statement of Allegations requesting an order against Larry Keith Davis (the “Respondent”) pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act, RSO 1990, c S.5 (the “Act”);
- On March 1, 2017, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of this Statement of Allegations, setting March 13, 2017 as the date of the hearing;
- On March 9, 2017, Staff filed an affidavit of service sworn by Lee Crann the same day, attesting to service of the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations and Staff’s disclosure materials on the Respondent and the Respondent’s acknowledgment of receipt;
- On March 13, 2017, the Respondent did not appear or make submissions, although properly served;
- On March 13, 2017, Staff appeared and informed the Commission that the Respondent had filed a notice seeking leave to appeal the decisions made by the British Columbia Securities Commission (“BCSC”) dated June 22, 2016 and November 7, 2016, which form the basis of Staff’s allegations, and requested an adjournment of the hearing pending the resolution of the Respondent’s appeal; and
- The Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order.
IT IS ORDERED THAT the hearing in this matter is adjourned to May 15, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. or an earlier date requested by Staff if leave to appeal the decisions of the BCSC is denied.
DATED at Toronto this 13th day of March, 2017.
" Philip Anisman "