IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
RSO 1990, c S.5
- AND -
IN THE MATTER OF A REQUEST FOR A HEARING AND REVIEW OF THE
DECISION OF A HEARING PANEL OF THE INVESTMENT INDUSTRY
REGULATORY ORGANIZATION OF CANADA
- AND –
IN THE MATTER OF KRISHNA SAMMY
- On February 18, 2016, Krishna Sammy filed with the Ontario Securities Commission (the Commission) a notice of application requesting a hearing and review of a decision of a Hearing Panel of the Investment Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) dated January 22, 2016 (the IIROC Decision);
- on September 13, 2016, the Commission gave Sammy notice that his application had not been perfected;
- on September 15, 2016, Sammy requested that the deadline for perfecting his application be extended;
- the Commission extended, on a peremptory basis, the deadline for perfecting Sammy’s application until October 15, 2016;
- Sammy did not perfect his application for a hearing and review as required by Rule 14.4(3) of the Commission’s Rules of Procedure (2014), 37 OSCB 4168; and
- the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order.
IT IS ORDERED that Sammy’s application for a hearing and review of the IIROC Decision is dismissed.
DATED at Toronto, this 28th day of October 2016.
" Christopher Portner "