IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
RSO 1990, c S.5
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
BLACK PANTHER TRADING CORPORATION and
CHARLES ROBERT GODDARD
(Sections 127 and 127.1)
- on October 24, 2015,
- Staff of the Ontario Securities Commission (“Staff") filed a Statement of Allegations, in which Staff sought an order against Charles Robert Goddard (“Goddard”) and Black Panther Trading Corporation (“Black Panther”) (collectively, the “Respondents”) pursuant to subsection 127(1) and section 127.1 of the Securities Act (the “Act”); and
- the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of that Statement of Allegations, setting a hearing in this matter for November 24, 2015;
- on November 24, 2015, Staff and the Respondents appeared before the Commission and made submissions and the Commission ordered that:
- Staff provide disclosure to the Respondents by December 24, 2015, of documents and things in the possession or control of Staff that are relevant to the proceeding;
- the proceeding be adjourned to a hearing to be held at the offices of the Commission on March 16, 2016;
- any motions for disclosure by the Respondents be set out in a Notice of Motion filed no later than March 4, 2016, and be heard or scheduled for a subsequent date at the March 16 hearing; and
- Staff make disclosure of its preliminary witness list and statements and indicate any intent to call an expert witness, and provide the Respondents the name of the expert and state the issue on which the expert would be giving evidence, by March 11, 2016; and
- on March 16, 2016, Staff and the Respondents appeared before the Commission and made submissions; and
- the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS ORDERED that:
- the Respondents make disclosure of their witness lists and summaries and indicate any intent to call an expert witness, and provide to Staff the name of the expert and state the issue on which the expert will be giving evidence, by April 11, 2016; and
- this proceeding is adjourned to a hearing to be held at the offices of the Commission located at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, commencing on May 11, 2016, at 1:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held.
DATED at Toronto, this 16th day of March, 2016.
" Timothy Moseley"