IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT, RSO 1990, c S.5
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
GLENN FRANCIS DUNBAR
- On January 25, 2016, Staff (“Staff”) of the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) filed a Statement of Allegations, in which Staff seeks an order against Glenn Francis Dunbar (“Dunbar”), pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act;
- On January 25, 2016, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of that Statement of Allegations, setting February 22, 2016, as the date of the hearing;
- On February 19, 2016, Staff filed an affidavit of service sworn by Lee Crann on February 19, 2016, describing steps taken by Staff to serve Dunbar with the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations and Staff’s disclosure materials;
- At the hearing on February 22, 2016:
- Staff appeared before the Commission and made submissions;
- Dunbar did not appear or make submissions, although properly served; and
- Staff applied to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing, in accordance with Rule 11.5 of the Commission’s Rules of Procedure (2014), 37 OSCB 4168, and subsection 5.1(1) of the Statutory Powers Procedure Act, RSO 1990, c S.22; and
- The Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- Staff’s application to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing is granted;
- Staff’s materials shall be served and filed no later than March 17, 2016;
- Dunbar’s responding materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than April 14, 2016; and
- Staff’s reply materials, if applicable, shall be served and filed no later than April 28, 2016.
DATED at Toronto this 22nd day of February, 2016.
" Timothy Moseley"