IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT, RSO 1990, c S.5
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
(Subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act)
- On December 14, 2015, Staff (“Staff”) of the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) filed a Statement of Allegations, in which Staff seeks an order against Noshad Dowlati (“Dowlati”) pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act;
- On December 15, 2015, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of that Statement of Allegations, setting January 19, 2016 as the date of the hearing;
- On January 15, 2016, Staff filed an affidavit of service sworn by Lee Crann on January 15, 2016, describing steps taken by Staff to serve Dowlati with the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations and Staff’s disclosure materials;
- At the hearing on January 19, 2016:
- Staff appeared before the Commission and made submissions;
- Dowlati did not appear or make submissions, although properly served;
- Staff applied to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing, in accordance with Rule 11.5 of the Commission’s Rules of Procedure (2014), 37 OSCB 4168 and subsection 5.1(1) of the Statutory Power Procedures Act, RSO 1990, c S.22; and
- The Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
- Staff’s application to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing is granted;
- Staff’s materials shall be served and filed no later than January 29, 2016;
- Dowlati’s responding materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than February 26, 2016; and
- Staff’s reply materials, if applicable, shall be served and filed no later than March 11, 2016.
DATED at Toronto this 19th day of January, 2016.
"Timothy Moseley "