IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
(Subsection 127(1) of the Securities Act)
- on September 28, 2015, Staff (“Staff”) of the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) filed a Statement of Allegations in which Staff sought an order against Sharon Downing (“Downing”), pursuant to subsection 127(1) of the Securities Act (the “Act”);
- on September 28, 2015, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of that Statement of Allegations, setting October 27, 2015, as the date of the hearing;
- at the hearing on October 27, 2015,
- Staff appeared before the Commission, made submissions, and filed an affidavit sworn by Lee Crann on October 19, 2015, describing steps taken by Staff to serve Downing with the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations, and Staff’s disclosure materials;
- Downing did not appear or make submissions although properly served; and
- Staff applied to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing; and
- the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order,
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
- Staff’s application to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing is granted;
- Staff’s materials in respect of the written hearing shall be served and filed no later than November 5, 2015;
- Downing’s responding materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than December 4, 2015; and
- Staff’s reply materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than December 18, 2015.
DATED at Toronto this 27th day of October, 2015.
" Timothy Moseley "