IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
LAWRENCE ZEIBEN, GRIT INTERNATIONAL INC.
and TEXAS PETROLEUM INC.
(Subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act)
- on August 4, 2015, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to sections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as amended (the “Act”) in respect of Lawrence Zeiben (“Zeiben”), Grit International Inc. (“Grit”) and Texas Petroleum Inc. (“Texas Petroleum”) (collectively, the “Respondents”);
- on August 4, 2015, Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) filed a Statement of Allegations in respect of this proceeding;
- on August 28, 2015, Staff appeared before the Commission and made submissions, and filed an affidavit of service sworn by Lee Crann on August 24, 2015, indicating steps taken by Staff to serve the Respondents with the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations and Staff’s disclosure materials;
- on August 28, 2015, the Respondents did not appear or make submissions, although properly served;
- on August 28, 2015, the Commission considered an application brought by Staff to continue the proceeding by way of a written hearing, in accordance with Rule 11.5 of the Commission’s Rules of Procedure (2014), 37 OSCB 4168, and subsection 5.1(1) of the Statutory Power Procedures Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.22, as amended;
- the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
- Staff’s application to proceed by way of written hearing is granted;
- Staff’s materials shall be served and filed no later than September 8, 2015;
- the Respondents’ responding materials shall be served and filed no later than October 6, 2015; and
- if applicable, Staff’s reply materials shall be served and filed no later than October 20, 2015.
DATED at Toronto this 28th day of August, 2015.
"Timothy Moseley "