IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- AND -
IN THE MATTER OF
EDWARD FURTAK, AXTON 2010 FINANCE CORP.,
STRICT TRADING LIMITED, RONALD OLSTHOORN,
TRAFALGAR ASSOCIATES LIMITED, LORNE ALLEN and
STRICTRADE MARKETING INC.
(Sections 127 and 127.1)
WHEREAS on March 30, 2015 the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to sections 127 and 127.1 of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as amended (the “Act”) in connection with a Statement of Allegations filed by Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) on March 30, 2015 with respect to Edward Furtak, Axton 2010 Finance Corp., Strict Trading Limited, Ronald Oslthoorn, Trafalgar Associates Limited, Lorne Allen and Strictrade Marketing Inc. (collectively, the “Respondents”);
AND WHEREAS the Notice of Hearing set Monday, April 27, 2015 as the hearing date in this matter;
AND WHEREAS on April 27, 2015, counsel for Staff and counsel for the Respondents appeared before the Commission for a First Appearance and made submissions;
AND WHEREAS the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
- Staff shall provide disclosure to the Respondents on or before May 11, 2015, of documents and things in the possession or control of Staff that are relevant to the hearing;
- Any motion brought by the Respondents in respect of bifurcating the Commission proceeding will be heard on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.;
- The Respondents shall serve and file the notice of motion, the motion record, including any affidavits setting out the facts to be relied upon, and any other materials in respect of the motion, by Monday, June 15, 2015;
- Staff shall serve and file its responding materials by Friday, June 19, 2015;
- The Respondents shall serve and file their reply materials, if any, by Monday, June 22, 2015;
- The timing for the delivery of Staff’s witness list, witness statements and an indication of Staff’s intent to call an expert witness will be determined by the panel hearing the motion, or, if no motion is brought by the Respondents, by order in writing of the Commission, following written submissions of the parties to be provided by Friday, June 26, 2015; and
- The Second Appearance shall be held at the offices of the Commission located at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, commencing on Monday, September 28, 2015 at 10:00a.m., or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held.
DATED at Toronto this 27th day of April, 2015.