IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, c.S.5, AS AMENDED
- AND -
PORTUS ALTERNATIVE ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.
AND BOAZ MANOR
WHEREAS on February 2, 2005, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) ordered that terms and conditions be imposed on the registration of Portus Alternative Asset Management Inc. (“Portus”) such that Portus is precluded from opening new client accounts and accepting any new funds or other assets for investment in respect of any existing client accounts;
AND WHEREAS on February 10, 2005, the Commission ordered that:
- trading in any securities by Portus cease, except with respect to certain pre- authorized periodic account withdrawals (as described in paragraph 2(b) of the Order);
- an additional term and condition be imposed on Portus’ registration such that Portus be precluded from redeeming or returning funds or assets from any existing client accounts except with respect to pre-authorized periodic account withdrawals (as described in paragraph 2(b) of the Order);
- Boaz Manor (“Manor”) be precluded from undertaking any action that directly or indirectly constitutes a trade or act in furtherance of a trade with respect to the Notes in which client funds are deposited (as defined in the Temporary Order of February 10, 2005, the “Notes”); and
- that Manor shall not authorize, direct or execute trades in the Notes or appoint, authorize or direct any other party to make trades in the Notes;
AND WHEREAS on consent, the Commission extended its orders of February 2 and 10, 2005 (the "Temporary Orders") until December 16, 2005;
AND WHEREAS on October 5, 2005, the Commission commenced proceedings under section 127 of the Act against Portus, Manor and others (the "Proceeding");
AND WHEREAS the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this Order;
AND WHEREAS Staff of the Commission, Portus and Manor have consented to the making of this Order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
- the Temporary Orders are continued until the Proceeding is concluded and a decision of the Commission is rendered or until the Commission considers appropriate; and
- any person or company affected by this order may apply to the Commission for an order revoking or varying the terms of this order pursuant to s.144 of the Act.
DATED at Toronto this 16 th day of December, 2005.
Paul M. Moore