IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5 AS AMENDED
- AND -
IN THE MATTER OF ANTHONY IANNO AND SAVERIO MANZO
NOTICE OF HEARING
(Sections 127 and 127.1)
TAKE NOTICE that the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) will hold a hearing pursuant to section 127 of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.S-5, as amended (the “Act”) at the offices of the Commission located at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, Toronto, Ontario commencing on Tuesday March 30, 2010 at 2:30 pm or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held.
AND TAKE NOTICE that the purpose of the hearing is for the Commission to consider whether it is in the public interest for the Commission, pursuant to ss. 127 and 127.1 of the Act to order that:
- the respondents Anthony Ianno and Saverio Manzo (together, the “Respondents”) cease trading in any securities permanently or for such period as is specified by the Commission;
- the acquisition of any securities by the Respondents is prohibited permanently or for such other period as is specified by the Commission;
- any exemptions contained in Ontario securities law do not apply to the Respondents permanently or for such period as is specified by the Commission;
- the Respondents be reprimanded;
- the Respondents resign one of more positions that they hold as director or officer of any issuer;
- the Respondents be prohibited from becoming or acting as a director or officer of any issuer;
- the Respondents be prohibited from becoming or acting as a registrant, as an investment fund manager or as a promoter;
- the Respondents pay an administrative penalty of not more than $1,000,000 for each failure by that Respondent to comply with Ontario securities law;
- the Respondents disgorge to the Commission any amounts obtained as a result of non-compliance with Ontario securities law;
- the Respondents be ordered to pay the costs of the Commission investigation and the hearing; and
- such other orders as the Commission may deem appropriate.
BY REASON of the allegations as set out in the Statement of Allegations dated March 8, 2010 in this matter and such further allegations as counsel may advise and the Commission may permit.
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any party to the proceeding may be represented by counsel at the hearing.
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that upon failure of any party to attend at this time and place, the hearing may proceed in the absence of that party and such party is not entitled to any further notice of the proceedings.
DATED at Toronto this 8th day of March, 2010.
Secretary to the Commission