Notice from the
20 Queen St. W.
Toronto, ON M5H 3S8
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 24, 2017
IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c S.5
- AND -
IN THE MATTER OF STEVEN J. MARTEL,
MARTEL GROUP OF COMPANIES INC. and 8446997 CANADA INC.
TORONTO – The Commission issued an Order in the above named matter which provides that:
- The hearing of the Extension Motion is hereby vacated;
- The Privilege Motion is adjourned to June 15 at 10:00 a.m., continuing on June 16, 2017, or such other dates as may be agreed to by the parties and set by the Office of the Secretary, and the parties shall adhere to the following timeline for the exchange of materials:
- Staff shall serve and file a responding motion record no later than March 22, 2017;
- cross-examinations on affidavits, if any, will be conducted during the week of April 24, 2017;
- Martel shall serve and file a memorandum of fact and law no later than May 10, 2017;
- Staff shall serve and file a responding memorandum of fact and law no later than May 26, 2017; and
- Martel shall serve and file a reply memorandum of fact and law, if any, no later than June 2, 2017.
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY
SECRETARY TO THE COMMISSION
- 30 -
|For media inquiries:
|For Investor Inquiries:||OSC Contact Centre
1-877-785-1555 (Toll Free)