Asking for Relief

If an investment fund is unable to comply with a requirement in securities legislation, it can apply for discretionary relief. The process for exemptive relief applications varies depending on the type of relief requested and whether relief is required in more than one Canadian jurisdiction. Investment funds seeking an exemption from National Instrument 81-102 Investment Funds must file their application through SEDAR (see Filing Procedures); all other applications may be filed through the OSC's electronic filing portal.

For information on applying for exemptive relief, see Information for Companies.