R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF GOLDPOINT RESOURCES CORPORATION,
PASQUALINO NOVIELLI, also known as Lee or Lino Novielli, BRIAN
PATRICK MOLONEY, also known as Brian Caldwell, and ZAIDA
PIMENTEL, also known as Zaida Novielli
NOTICE OF HEARING
(Sections 37, 127 and 127.1)
TAKE NOTICE THAT the Ontario Securities Commission (the "Commission") will hold a hearing pursuant to sections 37, 127, and 127.1 of the Ontario Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as amended (the "Act") at the offices of the Commission at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor Hearing Room on Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 at 3 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held, to consider:
(i) whether, in the opinion of the Commission, it is in the public interest, pursuant to ss. 127 and 127.1 of the Act to order that:
- trading in any securities by Goldpoint Resources Corporation (“Goldpoint”), Pasqualino Novielli, also known as Lee or Lino Novielli, (“Novielli”), Brian Patrick Moloney, also known as Brian Caldwell, (“Moloney”), and Zaida Pimentel, also known as Zaida Novielli, (“Pimentel”) (collectively the "Respondents") cease permanently or for such period as is specified by the Commission;
- the acquisition of any securities by the Respondents is prohibited permanently or for such other period as is specified by the Commission;
- any exemptions contained in Ontario securities law do not apply to the Respondents permanently or for such period as is specified by the Commission;
- each Respondent disgorge to the Commission any amounts obtained as a result of non-compliance by that respondent with Ontario securities law;
- the Respondents be reprimanded;
- Novielli, Moloney, and Pimentel (collectively the "Individual Respondents") resign one or more positions that they hold as a director or officer of any issuer, registrant, or investment fund manager;
- the Individual Respondents be prohibited from becoming or acting as a director or officer of any issuer, registrant, and investment fund manager;
- the Respondents be prohibited from becoming or acting as a registrant, as an investment fund manager and as a promoter;
- the Respondents each pay an administrative penalty of not more than $1 million for each failure by that respondent to comply with Ontario securities law; and,
- the Respondents be ordered to pay the costs of the Commission investigation and the hearing.
(iii) whether to make such further orders as the Commission considers appropriate.
BY REASON OF the allegations as set out in the Amended Statement of Allegations of Staff of the Commission dated December 18, 2008 and such further additional allegations as counsel may advise and the Commission may permit;
AND BY REASON OF the evidence filed with the Commission and the testimony heard by the Commission;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any party to the proceedings may be represented by counsel at the hearing;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that upon failure of any party to attend at the time and place aforesaid, the hearing may proceed in the absence of that party and such party is not entitled to any further notice of the proceedings.
DATED at Toronto this 19th day of December, 2008.
|TO:||Goldpoint Resources Corporation
c/o Pasqualino Novielli, Director and President
|AND TO:||Pasqualino Novielli
|AND TO:||Brian Patrick Moloney
|AND TO:||Zaida Pimentel