IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, C.S.5, AS AMENDED
- AND -
IN THE MATTER OF
FRANCIS JASON BILLER
AMENDED NOTICE OF HEARING
(Sections 127 and 127.1)
TAKE NOTICE THAT the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) will hold a hearing pursuant to sections 127 and 127.1 of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S. 5, as amended (the “Act”) at the Commission offices, 20 Queen Street West, 17 th Floor, in the Large Hearing Room, Toronto, Ontario commencing on the 29 th day of September, 2005 at 10:00 a.m. or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held, to consider whether it is in the public interest to make an order:
- pursuant to s. 127 (1), clause 2 of the Act, that Francis Jason Biller cease trading in securities permanently or for such time as the Commission may direct;
- pursuant to s.127 (1), clause 3 of the Act, that any exemptions contained in Ontario securities law do not apply to Francis Jason Biller permanently or for such time as the Commission may direct;
- pursuant to s.127 (1), clause 7 of the Act, that Francis Jason Biller be required to resign all position that he holds as a director or officer of an issuer;
- pursuant to s. 127(1), clause 8 of the Act, that Francis Jason Biller be prohibited from becoming or acting as a director or officer of an issuer permanently or for such time as the Commission may direct;
- pursuant to s. 127.1 of the Act, that Francis Jason Biller pay a portion of the costs of the investigation and of this proceeding; and
- such other order as the Commission may deem appropriate.
BY REASON OF the allegations set out in the Statement of Allegations of Staff and such additional allegations as counsel may advise and the Commission may permit;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any party to the proceeding may be represented by counsel if that party attends or submits evidence at the hearing;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that upon the failure of any party to attend at the time and place aforesaid, the hearing may proceed in the absence of that party and such party is not entitled to any further notice of the proceeding.
DATED at Toronto this 26 thof September, 2005.
per: John Stevenson
A/Secretary to the Commission