This is the official Facebook policy of the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC). Our page on Facebook was created to provide access to information about the OSC, and is monitored and managed by our staff.
Ontario Securities Commission
- OSC Investor News
- Company Warning List and other OSC investor warnings
- Speeches and events involving the OSC or its representatives
- Securities related news and information
Facebook as a source of official OSC policy
Comments and Inquiries
The OSC does not reply individually to comments we receive through Facebook. Comments may be read and any emerging themes or helpful suggestions may be passed to the relevant staff in the OSC.
If you have a question, complaint or tip, click on the ‘Online tip, complaint and info’ tab on the left sidebar while on our Facebook page, to complete our online Complaint, Tip & Inquiry form. You may also access this form directly from the OSC website on our Questions & Complaints page or contact our Inquiries & Contact Centre.
If you are a reporter, send your questions to the appropriate individual in our Communications & Public Affairs Branch. Do not submit questions on Facebook.
The OSC reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the OSC.
The OSC reserves the right to remove any comments that are inappropriate or offensive, including comments that:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others,
- include racism, hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity, spam or advertisements,
- have personal information about another person or that violate a person's privacy interests,
- include copyrighted material belonging to another person,
- are unrelated to the purpose of this Facebook page, or
- contain links to inappropriate or offensive web sites.
We accept no responsibility for a lack of service due to downtime or for any other reason.