NOTICE OF MINISTERIAL APPROVAL OF
AMENDMENTS TO NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 45-106 PROSPECTUS EXEMPTIONS,
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 41-101 GENERAL PROSPECTUS REQUIREMENTS,
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 44-101 SHORT FORM PROSPECTUS DISTRIBUTIONS,
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 45-102 RESALE OF SECURITIES,
THE REPEAL OF NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 45-101 RIGHTS OFFERINGS
December 3, 2015
On November 19, 2015, the Minister of Finance approved amendments (Amendments) made by the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC or the Commission) to:
(a) amend each of the following:
• National Instrument 45-106 Prospectus Exemptions (NI 45-106),
• National Instrument 41-101 General Prospectus Requirements (NI 45-101),
• National Instrument 44-101 Short Form Prospectus Distributions,
• National Instrument 45-102 Resale of Securities,
(b) repeal of National Instrument 45-101 Rights Offerings (NI 45-101), and
(c) make consequential amendments to each of the following:
• National Instrument 13-101 System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval (SEDAR),
• Multilateral Instrument 13-102 System Fees for SEDAR and NRD,
• Multilateral Instrument 61-101 Protection of Minority Security Holders in Special Transactions,
• Ontario Securities Commission Rule 11-501 Electronic Delivery of Documents to the Ontario Securities Commission, and
• Ontario Securities Commission Rule 13-502 Fees.
The Amendments, together with related policy changes, were made by the Commission on August 11, 2015. The Commission made changes to Companion Policy 45-106CP to NI 45-106 and Companion Policy 41-101CP to NI 41-101 and withdrew Companion Policy 45-101CP to NI 45-101.
The Amendments were published on the OSC website at http://www.osc.gov.on.ca and in the OSC Bulletin at (2015) 38 OSCB 8277 on September 24, 2015. The Amendments come into force on December 8, 2015. The text of the Amendments, as well as the related policy changes, is reproduced in Chapter 5 of this Bulletin.