NOTICE OF MINISTERIAL APPROVAL OF AMENDMENTS TO
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 41-101 GENERAL PROSPECTUS REQUIREMENTS,
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 44-101 SHORT FORM PROSPECTUS DISTRIBUTIONS,
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 44-102 SHELF DISTRIBUTIONS
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 44-103 POST-RECEIPT PRICING
August 8, 2013
On July 2, 2013, the Minister of Finance approved amendments (the Rule Amendments) made by the Ontario Securities Commission to the following rules:
· National Instrument 41-101 General Prospectus Requirements,
· National Instrument 44-101 Short Form Prospectus Distributions,
· National Instrument 44-102 Shelf Distributions, and
· National Instrument 44-103 Post-Receipt Pricing.
The Rule Amendments were made by the Commission on February 26, 2013.
On February 26, 2013, the Commission also adopted changes (the Policy Changes) to the following policies:
· Companion Policy 41-101CP to National Instrument 41-101 General Prospectus Requirements,
· National Policy 41-201 Income Trusts and Other Indirect Offerings,
· Companion Policy 44-101CP to National Instrument 44-101 Short Form Prospectus Distributions,
· Companion Policy 44-102CP to National Instrument 44-102 Shelf Distributions,
· Companion Policy 44-103CP to National Instrument 44-103 Post-Receipt Pricing, and
· National Policy 47-201 Trading Securities Using the Internet and Other Electronic Means.
The Rule Amendments and the Policy Changes (collectively, the Amendments) were published in a Supplement of the Bulletin on May 30, 2013. See (2013), 36 OSCB (Supp-4). The Amendments come into force on August 13, 2013. The text of the Amendments is reproduced in Chapter 5 of this Bulletin.