NOTICE OF MINISTERIAL APPROVAL
OF REPEAL AND REPLACEMENT OF
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 43-101 STANDARDS OF DISCLOSURE FOR MINERAL PROJECTS,
FORM 43-101F1 TECHNICAL REPORT,
AND RELATED CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS
Ministerial approval of certain rules
On May 18, 2011, the Minister of Finance approved, pursuant to section 143.3 of the Securities Act (Ontario) (the Act):
- repeal and replacement of National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects and Form 43-101F1 Technical Report (collectively, NI 43-101), and
- related consequential amendments to:
- National Instrument 44-101 Short Form Prospectus Distributions
- Form 51-102F1 Management’s Discussion and Analysis and Form 51-102F2 Annual Information Form
- National Instrument 45-106 Prospectus and Registration Exemptions
- National Instrument 45-101 Rights Offerings
(collectively, the Consequential Amendments).
The amendments to NI 43-101 and the Consequential Amendments will come into force on June 30, 2011.
Previously, materials related to the amendments to NI 43-101 and the Consequential Amendments were published in the Bulletin on April 8, 2011.
Commission approval of related policy
In connection with this initiative, the Ontario Securities Commission has adopted, pursuant to section 143.8 of the Act, amendments to Companion Policy 43-101CP to National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects (the Policy). The amendments to the Policy become effective on the same date as the amendments to NI 43-101.
June 24, 2011