IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, C.S.5, AS AMENDED
- AND -
IN THE MATTER OF
NOTICE OF HEARING
(Sections 127 and 127.1)
TAKE NOTICE that the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) will hold a hearing pursuant to sections 127 and 127.1 of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S. 5, as amended (the “Act”) at the Commission offices, 20 Queen Street West, 17 th Floor, in the Large Hearing Room, Toronto, Ontario commencing on the 12 th day of October, 2005 at 10:00 a.m. or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held;
TO CONSIDER whether, in the opinion of the Commission, it is in the public interest for the Commission to make an order:
- pursuant to s. 127 (1), paragraph 2 of the Act, that Freeman cease trading in any securities permanently or for such time as the Commission may direct;
- pursuant to s. 127 (1), paragraph 6 of the Act, that Freeman be reprimanded;
- pursuant to s. 127 (1), paragraph 9 of the Act, that Freeman pay an administrative penalty;
- pursuant to s. 127.1 of the Act, that Freeman pay a portion of the costs of Staff’s investigation and the costs of, or related to, the hearing incurred on behalf of the Commission; and
- such other order as the Commission may deem appropriate.
BY REASON OF the allegations set out in the Statement of Allegations of Staff dated August 8, 2005 and such additional allegations as Staff may advise and the Commission may permit;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any party to the proceeding may be represented by counsel at the hearing;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that upon the failure of any party to attend at the time and place aforesaid, the hearing may proceed in the absence of that party and such party is not entitled to any further notice of the proceeding.
DATED at Toronto this 8 th day of August, 2005.
Secretary to the Commission