20 Queen St. W.
Toronto, ON M5H 3S8
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 7, 2017
OSC Announces Speakers for Dialogue 2017
TORONTO – The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) announced the agenda and speakers’ lineup for Dialogue 2017, the OSC’s annual conference, which brings together market participants to discuss important issues and trends facing the capital markets.
OSC Dialogue 2017 will focus on the benefits and challenges of embracing change amid disruption in the financial services industry. Panels will explore the impact of emerging technologies, data analytics in enforcement, long-term trends in corporate governance, and the evolving investor experience.
"Technology and innovation in the capital markets are providing unprecedented opportunities for business leaders and regulators. This year’s conference will showcase how these market participants are adapting, with a view to addressing longstanding issues for the betterment of investors," said Maureen Jensen, Chair and CEO of the OSC.
- Stephanie Avakian, Co-Director, Enforcement Division, United States Securities and Exchange Commission
- Nikolas Badminton, Global Futurist
- Janet Bannister, General Partner, Real Ventures
- Ryan Barrows, Head of Personal Investing, Europe, Vanguard Asset Management Ltd.
- Matt Cardillo, Senior Director, Market Regulation Technology, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Michelle Edkins, Managing Director, BlackRock
- Eli Fathi, CEO, MindBridge Analytics Inc.
- Maureen Jensen, Chair and CEO, OSC
- Michael Katchen, CEO and Co-founder, Wealthsimple
- Jeff Kehoe, Director, Enforcement, OSC
- Mark Machin, CEO, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- Sheila Murray, President and General Counsel, CI Financial
- Hon. Joe Oliver, P.C., Chair, Echelon Wealth Partners
- Ermanno Pascutto, Chair, Canadian Foundation for Advancement of Investor Rights
- Kelly Peters, CEO and Co-founder, BEworks
- Shawn Rose, Executive Vice President, Digital Banking, Scotiabank
- Doug Steiner, CEO, Evree Corp.
- Gillian Tan, Executive Director, Enforcement Department, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Jake Tyler, Co-Founder and CEO, finn.ai
- Barbara Zvan, Chief Risk & Strategy Officer, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
OSC Dialogue 2017 takes place on Thursday, October 12, 2017 at The Four Seasons Hotel, 60 Yorkville Ave, Toronto.
Any media interested in attending OSC Dialogue should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in the capital markets. Investors are urged to check the registration of any persons or company offering an investment opportunity and to review the OSC investor materials available at www.osc.gov.on.ca
|For Media Inquiries: email@example.com|
|For Investor Inquiries:||OSC Contact Centre
1-877-785-1555 (Toll Free)
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Linkedin